Have your say on the future of transport in the North East for the next 20 years. The Regional Transport Strategy will set the vision and direction for transport provision in the North East, building on the significant improvements that have taken place in recent years. The next Regional Transport Strategy will be developed during 2019 and Nestrans would like to hear your views.
We will publish all information relating to the development of the strategy on this website and provide the opportunity to comment on key areas of interest and the draft strategy once it is produced. Please click on the buttons below to see our current discussion topics, submit your views and see latest news updates.
Our Vision and objectives for 2040
“To provide a clean, resilient, inclusive and accessible transport system in the north east, which contributes to improved quality of life through healthier, more prosperous and fairer communities”
- Increase access to a sustainable transport system for all, recognising specific needs of disadvantaged and vulnerable users.
- Reduce the business costs of transport for all sectors of the economy to realise the aspirations of the Regional Economic Strategy.
- Reduce the adverse impacts of transport on public health and the natural and built environment.
- Improve the integration of transport and land use to reduce the need to travel by private car.
- Improve the relative competitiveness of public transport compared to the private car.
- Maintain and enhance a safe, resilient and reliable transport network.
These objectives have been developed following an extensive consultation exercise undertaken as part of the City Region Deal Strategic Transport Appraisal.
Nestrans is the Transport Partnership for Aberdeen City and Shire.
Our purpose is to develop and deliver a long-term regional transport strategy and take forward strategic transport improvements that support and improve the economy, environment and quality of life across Aberdeen City and Shire.
The current Regional Transport Strategy for the north east can be found here.
For more information on Nestrans and the work that we do, visit www.nestrans.org.uk