Nestrans2040 continues to progress following the Board approval of the six headline principles for the strategy that will take us to 2040.
The key principles will set the tone and direction of the strategy overall and are:
- A 50:50 mode split between car driver and sustainable modes
- Improved journey efficiencies
- Zero fatalities on the road network
- No exceedance of World Health Organisation safe levels of emissions from transport
- Significantly reduced carbon emissions from transport to support Scotland’s net-zero target by 2045
- Accessibility for all
The report can be reviewed here
Our next steps will involve developing more detail on the preferred package of policies and actions that will deliver these key principles. These principles will then be supported by a range of more detailed indicators and targets reflecting the broad scope of the strategy overall. In addition we will be taking on board the consultation feedback we received through the various discussion papers. We will keep you informed and more details will be posted on this in due course.